CMH Home
Lineage And Honors Information

476th Engineer Detachment

Lineage and Honors Information as of 20 November 2008

476th Engineer Detachment Lineage

Constituted 13 January 1944 in the Army of the United States as the 2090th Engineer Aviation Fire Fighting Platoon

Activated 20 January 1944 at Dale Mabry Field, Tallahassee, Florida

Inactivated 20 June 1946 in Italy

Redesignated 21 June 1948 as the 476th Engineer Fire Fighting Platoon, and allotted to the Organized Reserve Corps

Activated 15 July 1948 at McClellan Field, Sacramento, California

Location changed 23 February 1951 to Merced, California

(Organized Reserve Corps redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Reorganized and redesignated 15 August 1953 as the 476th Engineer Detachment

Location changed 1 March 1956 to San Francisco, California; on 1 October 1957 to Santa Cruz, California

Inactivated 1 July 1959 at Santa Cruz, California

Activated 16 September 2008 at Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania

476th Engineer Detachment Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II: Rome-Arno



Return to Branch Index