CMH Home
CMH 		
      Home
Lineage And Honors Information

Lineage and Honors Information as of 13 November 2009

Department of the Army Emblem

Department of the Army - Lineage and Honors

285th MEDICAL COMPANY

 

Organized and Federally recognized 27 April 1927 in the Ohio National Guard at Columbus as Headquarters Company, 3d Battalion, 166th Infantry, an element of the 37th Division (later redesignated as the 37th Infantry Division)

Redesignated 1 January 1935 as Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 166th Infantry

Reorganized and redesignated 1 May 1940 as Headquarters Detachment, 1st Battalion, 166th Infantry

Inducted into Federal service 15 October 1940 at Columbus

Relieved 16 January 1942 from assignment to the 37th Infantry Division

Reorganized and redesignated 1 June 1943 as Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 166th Infantry

Inactivated 1 February 1944 at Fort Sill, Oklahoma

Reorganized and Federally recognized 11 April 1947 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 166th Infantry

Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1959 as the Reconnaissance Platoon, Combat Support Company, 1st Battle Group, 166th Infantry, an element of the 37th Infantry Division

Converted and redesignated 1 April 1963 as Company D, 112th Medical Battalion

Reorganized and redesignated 15 February 1968 as Company E, 113th Medical Battalion, an element of the 38th Infantry Division

Reorganized and redesignated 1 May 1968 as Company C, 113th Medical Battalion

Converted and redesignated 1 March 1977 as Company B, 237th Support Battalion, an element of the 73d Infantry Brigade

Consolidated 1 April 1983 with Detachment 1, Company B, 237th Support Battalion (organized and Federally recognized 1 November 1977 at Springfield), and consolidated unit designated as Company B, 237th Support Battalion

Reorganized and redesignated 1 December 1988 as Company C, 237th Support Battalion

(73d Infantry Brigade redesignated 6 September 1992 as the 37th Infantry Brigade; reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1993 as the 37th Brigade, 28th Infantry Division; reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1994 as the 37th Brigade, 38th Infantry Division)

Converted and redesignated 16 April 2006 as the 285th Medical Company, and relieved from assignment to the 37th Brigade, 38th Infantry Division

Ordered into active Federal service 26 June 2006 at Columbus; released from active Federal service 22 December 2007 and reverted to state control

HOME STATION: Columbus




CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT

War on Terrorism
Campaigns to be determined

 

DECORATIONS

None

 
 
BY ORDER OF THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY:

 

 

JEFFREY J. CLARKE
Chief of Military History


Return to Branch Index