CMH Home
Lineage And Honors Information

4th Signal Center

Lineage and Honors Information as of 3 May 2006

4th Signal Center Lineage

Constituted 17 December 1943 in the Army of the United States as the 583d Signal Depot Company

Activated 12 January 1944 at Camp Crowder, Missouri

Inactivated 30 June 1946 in France

Redesignated 9 December 1947 as the 801st Signal Depot Company and allotted to the Organized Reserves

Activated 22 December 1947 at Raleigh, North Carolina

(Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1950 as the 801st Signal Base Maintenance Company

Reorganized and redesignated 30 September 1953 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 801st Signal Base Depot

Reorganized and redesignated 30 June 1954 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 801st Signal Depot

Location changed 11 October 1955 to Charlotte, North Carolina

Ordered into active military service 15 October 1961 at Charlotte, North Carolina; released from active military service 8 August 1962 and reverted to reserve status

Inactivated 31 January 1968 at Charlotte, North Carolina

Redesignated 15 June 2004 as the 4th Signal Center; concurrently withdrawn from the Army Reserve and allotted to the Regular Army

Activated 16 October 2005 at Fort Shafter, Hawaii

4th Signal Center Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II: Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace, Central Europe


Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered FRANCE AND BELGIUM

Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered GERMANY

Return to Branch Index