Navigation Menu loading...

Lineages and Honors Information
Divisions and Brigades

Lineage and Honors Information as of 27 April 2017

501st Chemical Company

  • Constituted 12 August 1943 in the Army of the United States as the 240th Chemical Warfare Composite Company
  • Activated 14 August 1943 at Camp Sibert, Alabama
  • Reorganized and redesignated 12 February 1945 as the 240th Chemical Service Platoon
  • Inactivated 31 August 1946 at Kokura, Japan
  • Redesignated 18 January 1949 as the 501st Chemical Service Detachment and allotted to the Regular Army
  • Activated 7 February 1949 at Tooele, Utah
  • Reorganized and redesignated 10 April 1950 as the 501st Chemical Service Platoon
  • Reorganized and redesignated 5 December 1950 as the 501st Chemical Service Company
  • Reorganized and redesignated 1 October 1951 as the 501st Chemical Depot Company
  • Reorganized and redesignated 1 January 1955 as the 501st Chemical Company
  • Inactivated 15 June 1966 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina
  • Activated 17 April 1999 at Camp Carroll, Korea
  • Inactivated 15 September 2004 at Camp Carroll, Korea
  • Activated 16 January 2013 at Camp Stanley, Korea

Campaign Participation Credit

  • World War II
  • New Guinea
  • Leyte
  • Luzon

Decorations

  • Army Superior Unit Award, Streamer embroidered 2013-2014
  • Philippine Presidential Unit Citation, Streamer embroidered 17 OCTOBER 1944 TO 4 JULY 1945

By Order of the Secretary of the Army:

CHARLES R. BOWERY, JR.
Chief of Military History


Return to Branch Index