Navigation Menu loading...

Lineages and Honors Information
Engineers

Lineage and Honors Information as of 27 April 2017

193d Engineer Platoon

    • Organized in Federal service 7 March 1941 at Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indiana, as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 3d Battalion, 201st Infantry
    • Inactivated 26 September 1945 at Fort Rucker, Alabama
    • Converted and redesignated 10 July 1946 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 197th Tank Battalion, and allotted to the West Virginia National Guard
    • Reorganized and Federally recognized 14 April 1947 at Wheeling
    • Reorganized and redesignated 30 April 1949 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 197th Heavy Tank Battalion, an element of the 29th Infantry Division
    • Consolidated 1 March 1959 with the Medical Detachment, 197th Tank Battalion (organized in Federal service 7 March 1941 as the 3d Battalion Section, Medical Detachment, 201st Infantry), and the Separate Detachment, Headquarters Company, 29th Infantry Division (organized and Federally recognized 26 September 1949 at Wheeling), and consolidated unit designated as Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 2d Reconnaissance Squadron, 150th Armored Cavalry
    • Converted and redesignated 1 March 1968 as Detachment 1, Company C, 1092d Engineer Battalion
    • Ordered into active Federal service 3 February 2003 at Moundsville; released from active Federal service 2 February 2004 and reverted to state control
    • Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 2006 as the 193d Engineer Platoon
    • Location changed 1 September 2009 to Parkersburg

    HOME STATION: Parkersburg

Campaign Participation Credit

  • World War II
  • Aleutian Islands
  • War on Terrorism
  • Campaigns to be determined

Decorations

  • Presidential Unit Citation (Navy), Streamer embroidered IRAQ 2003

By Order of the Secretary of the Army:

CHARLES R. BOWERY, JR.
Chief of Military History


Return to Branch Index