Navigation Menu loading...

Lineages and Honors Information
Engineers

Lineage and Honors Information as of 12 January 2018

486th Engineer Company

  • Constituted 8 December 1942 in the Army of the United States as the 486th Engineer Heavy Shop Company
  • Activated 20 December 1942 at Camp Claiborne, Louisiana
  • Inactivated 8 March 1946 at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey
  • Allotted 16 January 1947 to the Organized Reserves
  • Activated 31 January 1947 at Flint, Michigan
  • (Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; on 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)
  • Inactivated 4 December 1950 at Flint, Michigan
  • Redesignated 16 April 1959 as the 486th Engineer Company
  • Activated 1 May 1959 at Dearborn, Michigan
  • Location changed 31 January 1963 to Muskegon, Michigan
  • Inactivated 31 December 1990 at Muskegon, Michigan
  • Activated 16 September 2008 at Monclova, Ohio

Campaign Participation Credit

  • World War II
  • Northern France

Decorations

  • Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered EUROPEAN THEATER

By Order of the Secretary of the Army:

CHARLES R. BOWERY, JR.
Chief of Military History


Return to Branch Index