Navigation Menu loading...

Lineages and Honors Information
Support

Lineage and Honors Information as of 27 April 2017

Headquarters and Headquarters Company
371st Sustainment Brigade

  • Parent unit constituted 29 August 1917 in the National Guard as Headquarters, 62d Field Artillery Brigade, an element of the 37th Division
  • Organized 21 September 1917 at Camp Sheridan, Alabama, with personnel from the Ohio National Guard
  • Demobilized 11 April 1919 at Camp Sherman, Ohio
  • Expanded, reorganized, and Federally recognized in the Ohio National Guard as elements of the 37th Division (later redesignated as the 37th Infantry Division) as follows:
  • Headquarters, 62d Field Artillery Brigade, organized and Federally recognized 26 July 1922 at Cleveland (hereafter separate lineage)
  • Headquarters Battery, 62d Field Artillery Brigade, organized and Federally recognized 26 April 1922 at Dayton
  • Headquarters Battery, 62d Field Artillery Brigade, inducted into Federal service 15 October 1940 at Dayton
  • Reorganized and redesignated 1 February 1942 as Headquarters Battery, 37th Division Artillery
  • Inactivated 18 December 1945 at Camp Anza, California
  • Redesignated 3 July 1946 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 371st Antiaircraft Artillery Group; concurrently relieved from assignment to the 37th Infantry Division
  • Reorganized and Federally recognized 17 November 1947 in the Ohio National Guard at Dayton as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 371st Antiaircraft Artillery Group
  • Consolidated 1 September 1959 with the 103d Antiaircraft Artillery Detachment (organized and Federally recognized 29 May 1951 at Dayton); and consolidated unit designated as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 371st Artillery Group
  • Converted, reorganized, and redesignated 1 February 1972 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 371st Support Group
  • Location changed 1 October 1972 to Kettering
  • Consolidated 1 September 1997 with the 299th Signal Detachment (see ANNEX), and consolidated unit designated as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 371st Support Group
  • Ordered into active Federal service 10 February 2003 at Kettering; released from active Federal service 8 June 2004 and reverted to state control
  • Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 2007 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 371st Sustainment Brigade
  • Ordered into active Federal service 27 April 2008 at Kettering; released from active Federal service 31 May 2009 and reverted to state control
  • Location changed 1 October 2010 to Springfield
  • Reorganized and redesignated 1 November 2011 as Headquarters and Special Troops Battalion, 371st Sustainment Brigade
  • Ordered into active Federal service 19 April 2013 at Springfield; released from active Federal service 23 May 2014 and reverted to state control
  • ANNEX
  • Organized and Federally recognized 8 June 1937 in the Ohio National Guard at Dayton as Battery E, 136th Field Artillery, an element of the 37th Division (later redesignated as the 37th Infantry Division)
  • Redesignated 7 September 1937 as Battery A, 136th Field Artillery
  • Inducted into Federal service 15 October 1940 at Dayton
  • Reorganized and redesignated 1 February 1942 as Battery A, 136th Field Artillery Battalion
  • Inactivated 13 December 1945 at Camp Stoneman, California
  • Reorganized and Federally recognized 8 October 1947 in the Ohio National Guard at Dayton as Battery A, 136th Field Artillery Battalion
  • Ordered into active Federal service 15 January 1952 at Dayton
  • (Battery A, 136th Field Artillery Battalion [NGUS] organized and Federally recognized 15 January 1954 at Dayton)
  • Released from active Federal service 15 June 1954 and reverted to state control; Federal recognition concurrently withdrawn from Battery A, 136th Field Artillery Battalion (NGUS)
  • Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1959 as Battery C, 1st Gun Battalion, 174th Artillery, and relieved from assignment to the 37th Infantry Division
  • Reorganized and redesignated 1 April 1963 as Battery C, 1st Automatic Weapons Battalion, 174th Artillery
  • Reorganized and redesignated 15 February 1968 as Battery C, 1st Battalion, 174th Artillery
  • Converted, reorganized, and redesignated 1 February 1972 as the 299th Signal Platoon
  • Location changed 1 October 1972 to Kettering
  • Reorganized and redesignated in 1976 as the 299th Signal Detachment
  • HOME STATION: Springfield (less detachment at Newark)

Campaign Participation Credit

  • World War I
  • Lorraine 19181
  • World War II
  • Northern Solomons
  • Luzon (with arrowhead)
  • War on Terrorism
  • Global War on Terrorism
  • Iraq:
  • Iraqi Surge
  • Iraqi Sovereignty

Decorations

  • Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered IRAQ 2003 – 2004
  • Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered IRAQ 2008 – 2009
  • Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered CENTRAL ASIA 2013-2014
  • Philippine Presidential Unit Citation, Streamer embroidered 17 OCTOBER 1944 TO 4 JULY 1945

By Order of the Secretary of the Army:

CHARLES R. BOWERY, JR.
Chief of Military History


Return to Branch Index