- This public website, "CMH Online", is provided as a public service by the U.S. Army Center of Military History and contains
information cleared for public release.
- Unless otherwise noted, information presented on CMH Online is considered public information and may be distributed or copied
for non-commerical purposes. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested. If copyrighted or permission restricted
materials are posted on CMH Online, the appropriate credit is given. Visitors wishing to repost or use such materials for their
own projects should make separate arrangements for permission with the owner.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes only. This government computer system uses software
programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least
interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system
employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or
otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage
habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National
Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be
punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Cookie Disclaimer - CMH Online does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and
forth from the client machine to the server). CMH Online may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you
close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. CMH Online DOES NOT keep a database of information
obtained from these cookies. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but it may take you longer to fill
out the same information repeatedly and clicking on the banners may not take you to the correct link. Refer to the help
information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
External Links Disclaimer - The appearance of hyperlinks to external sites does not constitute endorsement by the
Department of the Army of the linked web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than
authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of the U.S. Army does
not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with
the stated purpose of this web site.